Pure Food Kids Workshops (2.5 Hours) – FREE to every class!
- ‘04 Founded by Kurt Dammeier, owner-Beecher’s Cheese, Pasta and Co., Bennett’s
- ’07 Received 501c3 Status
- 20,000+ students/teachers/volunteers educated do date
2010-2011 School Year
- 8,000+ students / teachers / volunteers will take the PFK Workshop.
- 95% of eligible teachers asking us to return year after year.
- Over 350 schools (combined) in Washington, Oregon and New York; With a waiting list!
Measurable – Data; Validating our effectiveness
- 46% correct answers on pre-workshop quiz; 72% correct answers on our post workshop
- 94% retention of knowledge after at least 4 weeks
- 85% of the kids made improvement to their eating habits
Parents responding to online survey report;
- 45% parents reading more label as a result of their child participating in PFK
- 60% families report improvement in grocery buying habits
Parent Testimonial (one of hundreds);
I just wanted to thank you again, so much, for coming to speak to Mr. G.’s class about nutrition. I love the way you present the material and information to the students! I attended your presentation last year, as well, and wanted to let you know the impact you have had in my life personally. After watching your presentation last year, I have now incorporated label reading into my regular shopping routine. Specifically, I watch for color additives in the products I buy, along with keeping an eye out of partially hydrogenated oils. It has almost become a game of trying to find products with the least amount of ingredients, and because of what I learned from your presentation, I believe my family is eating much healthier. Also, because both my boys have seen your presentation, they are much more interested in eating healthy and avoiding food dyes and unhealthy fats. It is much easier to include them in the food choices I make for them, because you taught them how to be food detectives as well, and why it is important to understand what is in the foods they are eating. Thank you so much for the work you do – you are changing the lives of many families for the better – mine included!!
Take care and keep up the good work –
Parent, Stephenson Elementary