Makes six, 1-1/2 cup servings
Approximate ingredient cost $15 - $20
1 cup chopped sweet onion (medium)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 can (15.25 oz.) kidney beans
1 can (15.25 oz.) black beans
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon chili powder
11/2 teaspoons dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
11/4 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
1 cup whole-kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Prepare and measure all of the ingredients: chop onion and zucchini, mince garlic, chop green and red bell peppers. Measure all the spices into a small bowl.
- Open, drain, and rinse the beans. Open the can of tomatoes.
- Add oil to a medium soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic to the soup pot, stir, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add green and red bell peppers and zucchini to the soup pot and sauté until tender.
- Add spices to the soup pot and stir until all of the vegetables are well coated.
- Add the beans and tomatoes to the soup pot and stir well.
- Add corn to the soup pot and stir. Turn up heat to bring chili to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat on the soup pot, stir the chili, and garnish with cilantro before serving. Enjoy!
- Share a photo of you and your family cooking your chili at home and tag @PureFoodKids or #worldsbestchili on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter!
CUSTOMIZE THE CHILI TO YOUR TASTE:
Add cooked meat or other veggies
Add cheese and other toppings